Tips for General Jewellery Care
- Apply your make-up, perfume & hairspray prior to putting on your jewellery. Never spray perfume directly onto plated jewellery. The alcohol and acids in perfume will cause permanent damage.
- Remove your jewellery before doing any household work, manual labor, swimming, bathing or showering.
- When you are not wearing your pieces safely place each piece individually in cloth pouches, boxes or wrap in tissue to avoid scratching. Always let the chain dangle out of the bag to avoid tangle, knots & scratches.
- Do not store jewellery next to heating vents, window sills, or in the car.
- Wipe your jewellery carefully with a 100% cotton cloth to keep it clean from time to time.
Use either a cleaning solution of mild dish soap & warm water, or a non-abrasive jewellery cleaner. Please no other household chemicals !
- Step 1: Dip your jewellery in the cleaning solution.
- Step 2: Use a soft toothbrush to gently loosen and remove any dirt or surface debris.
- Step 3: Dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
*Never clean plated or costume jewellery with fine jewellery cleaner cloths or solutions.
As with all fine jewellery, stone settings should be checked occasionally. If there is movement please return to us to fix or approach a local jeweller. To maintain the look of your fine jewellery, it should be cleaned frequently. A simple way to clean your jewellery is to soak it in warm water with a few drops of gin or detergent soap such as dishwashing liquid. A soft bristle brush such as an old toothbrush can be used for intricate detail. Make sure to rinse your jewellery well after cleaning and polish with a soft, lint-free cloth.
Sterling silver naturally tarnishes with the exposure to air and the environment as well as perfumes, lotions & perspiration. Silver should not be worn when it can come into contact with excessive perspiration, cholrinated water or household cleaners. Avoid wearing silver jewellery while in a pool, hot tub and applying body lotions, hair colours or perfumes. Over time oxidation can occur, causing silver to become tarnished. To prevent this tarnishing, keep silver in a cool, dry place, stored in acid-free tissue, or in a box or pouch. If your silver does become tarnished, it is easy to restore it to its original lustre by using a specialist silver polishing cloth, liquid polish or paste. Ensure any residues of polish or cleaning liquids are removed as some may cause silver to tarnish faster. Alternatively you may wash the jewellery in warm soapy water (such as dish washing liquid), using a soft bristle brush for intricate detail. After washing, rinse and ensure the jewellery is dried thoroughly by patting dry with a fine soft cloth. The best way to prevent tarnish is to wear your silver jewellery or use your silver items often.
Plated and Custume Jewellery
Gold/Rose gold plating is not a permanent process. These surface treatments will fade over time depending on wear and the amount of care taken. Although gold / rose gold-plated jewellery will not tarnish like silver, it will get dirty with wear and chemicals, lotions, perfumes and moist conditions will corrode it. Gold/Rose gold-plated jewellery can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a really soft toothbrush. Then rinse thoroughly & dry well.
This gives the appearance that some of the gold plate has worn off. We do offer a full re-conditioning service for all NIZA HUANG JEWELLERY which lots of our clients use from time to time to keep their jewellery in pristine condition.
REPAIRS & RE-CONDITIONING SERVICE
If you’ve owned your NIZA HUANG jewellery for some time and worn & loved it lots then the time may come when you would like us to give it a little TLC and bring back some of its original shine and sparkle.
- We offer a full repair and re-conditioning service for all NIZA HUANG jewellery in our London workshop.
- Repairs such as broken chains or accidentally damaged jewellery can also be undertaken.
- We can clean, polish and check any jewellery for damage such as accidentally knocked gemstones and loose settings.
- Please feel free to contact us for a quote - EMAIL: email@example.com
Your piece is warranted for a period of 6 months from the original date of purchase under the terms and conditions of this warranty. The Niza Huang Jewellery warranty covers manufacturing defects. Proof of purchase in the form of Jewellery Authenticity Card, or a receipt is required. The warranty against defects does not cover loss, damage, breakage, changes in appearance, kinks, or the gradual degradation of all or part of the goods due to normal wear, mishap, careless handling, improper use, or use outside Niza Huang Jewellery's care instructions. Shipping and postage for both way are at your cost. Please email contact@nizahuang or take your jewellery to the place of purchase. If the retailer and NIZA HUANG JEWELLERY are satisfied that the warranty claim is valid, we will arrange for the repair or replacement of the jewellery. We will advise you of your repair options (if any) and the charge in the event that your warranty claim is not accepted by NIZA HUANG JEWELLERY.